Sixth Marine Division Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/07/2017 8:10 pm  #1

Map of Tsingtao

Hello all,

I recently scanned a map of Tsingtao (Qingdao) for another forum member here and wanted to share it with anyone who is interested. I got it from an intelligence booklet dated July 1945 that my grandfather was given when they were deploying to China. It is pretty detailed and points out things like Shantung University (where the 6th Marine Division was quartered), the racetrack where the Japanese surrender occurred, and other important areas and defenses, as this was originally meant for invasion planning purposes. 

The map file is too big to email, but I'm willing to share it via google drive. I think you need a gmail/google account to access it.

Let me know if you're interested. 

2/08/2018 3:07 pm  #2

Re: Map of Tsingtao

I would be VERY interested in this map - my grandfather (PFC Bryon L Austin - Co I, 3rd batt, 29th reg, 6th Marines) was deployed to Tsingtao after Okinawa in Oct 45 through Feb 46

My grandfather purchased two silk prints embroidered with gold thread in this region that were willed to me - they are beyond priceless to me.  I wish I could include a link to a facebook post on them, but it appears I have to have 2 postings on the forum before I'm allowed. 

Joe Austin
Jackson, MS

2/08/2018 5:10 pm  #3

Re: Map of Tsingtao

Hey Joe,

I'll send you an invite for the google drive folder and you can download the files to your computer. They're a bit big, but are quite detailed. Happy to help! And the silk prints sound beautiful!

Elijah Palmer

Board footera